Nothing beats snuggling a new puppy! And with National Puppy Day right around the corner, we thought we’d give you some ideas on how to spoil your favorite fur-ever friend:
- Give them a special treat. Visit a dog-friendly bakery for a special “pupcake” (Try visiting one of our local favorite dog bakeries Enar’s Favorite cookies https://www.facebook.com/enarsfavoritecookies ) or make your own “pupsicles” from frozen chicken stock and water. There are tons of recipes online that don’t take special ingredients and are quick and easy.
- More walks! Most dogs will go “mutts” over a stroll with their favorite friend (that’s you, of course!). Add a new route through the neighborhood or head out for an extra-long hike to make her day.
- Playtime. Get those tails wagging with some tug-of-war, fetch, or hide and seek. As little as five minutes of fun is a great work break for you, too! You’ll both go back to your day energized and happy.
- A good rub-down. Puppy massage is as pawesome as it sounds. Look for videos online to learn how. Don’t have time to research? Start with a basic belly rub. Paws in the air, tongue hanging out in ecstasy… Your furry kid will love the extra hands-on attention. OR you can treat your pup with a professionally trained doggy masseuse! Contact K9 Pawformance (www.k9pawformance.com).
- Attention. Nothing will make your pup happier than time with YOU. Whether you’re snuggling in bed, curling up on the couch to watch a movie, or just hanging out while you cook dinner or clean the bathroom… let him know you love him.
One of the best things about dogs is how much they appreciate everything we do for them, and pay us back with unconditional love and affection. Make sure to show your favorite furry how much you “pawdore” them!
Want to treat your favorite pup to an extra walk or a regular exercise appointment? Contact Gina’s Family Pet Sitting at www.GinaFPS.com and let one of our paw-fessionals pamper your pet!